Vice President of Sales, Managed Services
Description: POSITION SUMMARY
Magna5 is focused on growing its Managed Services division both organically and by executing on an acquisition strategy. The Vice President of Sales for Managed Services will initially be responsible for the management of a small team of direct sales and pre-sales staff, but is expected to be able to build and manage the overall sales organization of the Managed Services business as we acquire additional companies. Magna5 is an entrepreneurial, hands-on environment and we expect that our sales leader will be singularly focused on making our sales team, our business partners and the company, successful. This position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
The Vice President of Sales will increase Company revenue through developing and supporting a high-performing team pursuing new logo sales, expanding existing customer relationships, and helping to build strategic partnerships. The current product/service portfolio includes:
• Monitoring and Managed Services
• Help Desk
• Backup and Disaster Recovery
• Private and Public Cloud hosting
• Software Defined Networks (SD-WAN)
• Unified Communications, including MSFT 365 and other options
• Consulting and Engineering Services
In this role you will be expected to:
• Be directly engaged in establishing sales strategy and managing its execution at the account level
• Work closely with the executive team and marketing to define strategies and campaigns to differentiate Magna5 in the market
• Build sustainable pipelines for each of the products, vertical markets, and geographies that we pursue
• Meet and exceed sales quota objectives
• Ensure that all reporting is kept up to date in Salesforce (the company CRM tool)
• Establish compensation, training, and sales incentive programs for team members as well as conduct performance reviews as per company standards
• Develop and maintain deep and meaningful business relationships with appropriate decision makers within the Customer's / Partner's organizations.
• Be a role model for our company culture.
. Requirements: REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor's degree. Relevant, significant industry and/or military experience may serve as a substitute for the education requirement.
Experience: A minimum of 10 years of experience working for a business-to-business vendor in the information technology industry requiring consultative, solutions sales skills. Relevant industry experience would include Software-as-a-Service, Network Services, Managed Services, Cloud Services, or comparable disciplines selling to mid-market and enterprise class clients. At least 5 of those years must have been as a direct manager of a quota-carrying sales team.
In addition, the candidate will possess the ability to attract, motivate and retain talent to the organization. Experience in profit & Loss (P&L) management and analysis would be a plus, as would experience working in a private equity or venture capital backed business.
The Vice President Sales will need to travel as the business requires. Although Magna5 is a national organization, being able to work effectively on a remote basis is an expected part of the company culture.