UM Clinical Intake Coordinator
Beacon Health Options
Job Category: Clinical - Intake
Req #: UMCLI02757
Schedule: Full Time
Location: NY - Latham
About the Position:
Beacon Health Options is currently seeking a dynamic UM Clinical Intake Coordinator to join our growing Utilization Management team in Latham, NY or remotely! The Intake Coordinator will be responsible for being the first point of contact for addressing Providers' queries, entering administrative authorization data for Members, and ensuring accurate documentation into Beacon Health Options systems. The Intake Coordinator is a regular point of contact for Providers and therefore must have a professional demeanor over the phone and possess exceptional customer service skills. The Intake Coordinator is a key role within the Utilization Management team for documenting and processing incoming authorizations. Individuals in this role will have access to sensitive, confidential information, so adherence to privacy and compliance standards is a must.
*This shift schedule for this position is8:30am - 5:00pm EST Tuesday - Saturday or Sunday - Thursday*
- Ensure timely collection of non-clinical Member information to enter into the Beacon system.
- Comply with documentation and script requirements.
- Seek consultation from clinical staff when necessary.
- Accurately and thoroughly maintain Member data and information for appropriate follow-up.
- Assist team members with maintaining efficient communication processes with Providers.
- Identify any outstanding requests and escalate to clinical staff.
- Education: High School diploma and 2 - 3 years' customer service/call center experience is required or Associates Degree in a human service, psychology or related field required
- Relevant Work Experience: 2 - 3 years' customer service/call center experience is required and 1-2 years in the Behavioral Health Care field is preferred
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to manage phone system to assist Members and Providers
- Proficient speed of typing while obtaining verbal information over the phone
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Effective communication skills
- Follow-through with tasks and attention to detail
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize multiple tasks that require accurate completion
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint including web based computer applications is required)
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
At Beacon Health Options, our candidate's data privacy is a top priority. Our recruiting team conducts all communications using official company email (@BeaconHealthOptions.com). Only candidates who have applied for an open position through our Careers page (careers.beaconhealthoptions.com) will be engaged in our interview process. Beacon conducts all interviews in person or over the phone. At no time during the recruiting process will any Beacon recruiter request any financial or personally identifiable information from you.