Structured Credit Valuation Associate
Guggenheim is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Category: Asset/Investment Management
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
About the Position
Guggenheim Investments is seeking an exceptional Structured Credit Valuation Associate to join its growing Model Valuation Group. Reporting to Guggenheim Partners Investments Management's Head of Model Valuation, this individual will be responsible for validating and performing valuation analysis on various hard to value structured securities using market accepted approach and theory. Ideal candidate will have relevant prior modeling experience in one or more of the following financial products: ABS, CLO, RMBS, MBS, I/O, P/O etc. The position is located in New York City or Santa Monica.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Design and / or validation of existing valuation models for hard to value structured securities
- Assist in completion and validation of pricing of hard to value structured securities on monthly / quarterly basis.
- Coordinate with 3rd party valuation service providers to ensure valuation reports are completed in timely manner.
- Document all key decision making rationale and model assumptions and build support files
Skills & Experience Required
- At least 5+ years of prior structured credit valuation experience within an investment bank or buy- side investment manager or valuation firm.
- Experience in building highly complex valuation models in MS Excel.
- Familiarity with financial services applications including but not limited to Bloomberg, Intex etc.
- Prior modeling experience in structured securities (e.g., ABS, CLO, RMBS, MBS, I/O, P/O etc.) and derivatives.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as strong team building, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral).
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel.
- Experience with VBA, SQL & Python a plus but not required.
- Highly collaborative and able to work efficiently and effectively in both team and individual environments
- Highly motivated team player with ability to deliver under time constraints
- CFA or other relevant professional designation or working towards one preferred but not required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business from an accredited college/university
About the Firm
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.