Software Trainer – Alfred State College
Alfred State College
Location: Alfred, NY Category: Professional Posted On: Tue Sep 5 2023 Job Description:
We are looking for an enthusiastic Software Trainer that will work directly with the Director of Online Learning and the Director of Technology Services for faculty and staff development. The person in this position will create technical training programs with the goal of helping others develop user skills to meet organizational needs. The Software Trainer is expected to be an excellent communicator who can explain complex subjects in a clear and interesting way. The Trainer will train and assist, primarily faculty and staff, on the use of identified technologies. The Trainer will work collaboratively across campus departments to identify software training needs. Attention to detail, ability to leverage Microsoft products to create documentation, and excellent verbal and written communication skills will be needed to be successful in this position. In addition to creating end user documentation and training, the Trainer will be responsible for maintaining specific documentation on internal and external facing websites and portal pages.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with a collaborative team to identify end user focused training and programming
- Execute training sessions, webinars, workshops, etc. with groups or individuals
- Assess the impact of training programs and documentation
- Document procedures, workflows, and job-specific tasks
- Develop end user documentation
- Design electronic and hard copy training references
- Update website and portal pages as needed
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications, and engaging in professional development opportunities to enhance skills
- Knowledge of IT hardware and software
- Knowledge of modern training techniques and tools in technical subjects
- Experience in designing technical course content
- Ability to address training needs with complete courses
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to speak to crowds
- Excellent organizational and time-management abilitie
- Associates degree in an Information Technology, Instructional Technology, Training, or related work experience or related degree.
- Demonstrated experience with high-level organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience managing time and meeting deadlines
- Strong worth ethic with demonstrated understanding of collaborative and coordinative skills
- Demonstrated ability to create end user documentation that is understandable by non-technical end users
- Demonstrated ability to present training sessions to non-technical end users
- Bachelor's degree in an Information Technology or Instructional Technology related field or equivalent experience or related degree.
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft products
- Understanding of institutional hardware and software users may need assistance with (PC, Mac, cloud-based MS Office, MS Teams, Blackboard (or other LMS products), etc.)
- Experience working in education
- Experience assisting with or creating course materials for teaching using technology
Alfred State College hereby advises students, parents, employees, and the general public that it offers employment and educational opportunities, including career and technical educational opportunities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, familial status, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, or criminal conviction. Employees, students, applicants, or other members of the college community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.
Alfred State policy is in accordance with federal and state laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination and harassment. These laws include the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as Amended by the Equal Employment Opportunity Act of 1972, and the New York State Human Rights Law. These laws prohibit discrimination and
harassment, including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Grievance procedures are available to interested persons by contacting either of the compliance officers/coordinators listed below. Inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and other laws, regulations, and policies prohibiting discrimination may be directed to:
Interim Chief Diversity Officer
Alfred State College
10 Upper College Drive
Alfred, NY 14802
All applicants are subject to a criminal, employment, and educational background check.