Sales Executive – Managed IT/IP Services
Description: POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the SVP of Sales, the Sales Executive is accountable for developing and executing sales strategies for his/her new account territory to meet monthly, quarterly and annual quotas.
POSITION OBJECTIVE: The ideal candidate must have a successful track record of selling and closing a stream of deals delivering, on average, $10K of Monthly Recurring Revenue (MRR) of Managed IT Services, involving sophisticated and repeatable security-oriented IT service solutions. Sales attainment and quotas are measured on a monthly basis after a reasonable ramp-up period. He/she will exercise agility to interact with and successfully influence multiple director and senior executives within the customer organization. The candidate will lead all aspects of the sales initiatives and be comfortable controlling meetings and customer interactions.
Ideally the candidate will have familiarity with innovative managed security, IT and network services in as-a-Service models, like data backup & recovery, ransomware mitigation, security, cloud computing, and SD-WAN. Experience successfully selling similar outsourced Managed Services technology solutions will be considered. Candidates will exhibit and apply consultative sales abilities and be able to build trusting relationships in professional and social settings.
We are looking for a successful hunter/closer with strong networking and prospecting skills who has successfully used sales tools including LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Salesforce and social media. The Sales Executive will work closely with other staff members in the sales, engineering, delivery and leadership teams. The Sales Executive's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Ability to articulate company service offerings and identify and qualify revenue opportunities
• Meet monthly/quarterly/annual quotas within the territory
• Develop sales strategy for the territory
• Call on C- and VP-level prospects to identify and qualify opportunities
• Develop a pipeline of qualified opportunities. While there is a centralized marketing and lead generation function within Magna5 that supports the sales organization, it is ultimately the Sales Executives responsibility to prospect and requalify leads.
• Manage the end-to-end sales process and update the CRM system with customer and pipeline data
• Provide accurate deal probability, forecasting and revenue delivery
• Ability to work independently
. Requirements: EDUCATION: College degree preferred. Relevant and significant industry experience may suffice as a substitute for the education requirement.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 5 years' experience of selling technology services to C-level executives.
• Proven record of strategizing hunting plan for deals in mid-market and enterprise organizations to satisfy $10K MRR quota monthly in target markets.
• Familiarity with IT infrastructure services, terminology and processes, including as-a-Service models, for example, backup and security; additionally, familiarity with advanced networking terminology and processes is helpful.
• Passionate, motivated, self-starter with willingness to generate new business and make money.
• Proven track record of working in a monthly quota-focused measurement environment.
• Capability to balance short sales cycles with longer term, enterprise opportunities with proven ability to consistently move prospects and customers towards commitment and close sales.
• Ability to articulate key selling points and the value of our services, the features and benefits of the services solution being proposed and of the pricing structures being proposed.
• Social media savvy plus experience using Salesforce, MS Outlook, Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), IM, collaboration and videoconferencing-type applications.
• Must have high ethical standards and integrity, coupled with a desire to participate as a member of a team focused on building an exceptional company.
• Excellent time management, written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
TRAVEL: The Sales Executive will have to travel to prospect and to customer locations, generally within a territory, and to Magna5 locations as needed when training and hosting prospects and customers (as necessary).