None Per Civil Service.
• Work under the supervision of Mechanic
• Knowledge of technical and mechanical procedures
• Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles and completing preventive maintenance such as tune-ups, oil changes, greasing, replace brakes and tire rotations.
• Assist in picking up of parts, transporting and recovering disabled vehicles
• Servicing snowplows, heavy equipment, and small engine equipment
• Assist in repairing golf course equipment such as sharpening reels and mower blades
• Welding experience a plus
• Strong reading skills and understanding of service manuals
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment
• Perform additional duties as assigned throughout the park.
• Own tools a plus
• Must have valid driver's license
• Candidates must have at least 1 year experience in motor equipment maintenance under a skilled journey-level position or completion of an appropriate technical/trade school program.
• Must have excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Must be able to lift 50lbs.
TYPE OF APPOINTMENT: Year-Round Seasonal. Eligible for benefits and to join NYS Retirement System
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Closing Date/Time: 11/15/23