Reporting to: Administrative Services Supervisor
Location: NYC - lower Manhattan. In person 9-5pm EST Monday through Friday
The Administrative Specialist is the face and voice of our New York City corporate headquarters located in lower Manhattan. This role greets visitors and staff, answers incoming calls to the general phone line, orders office supplies and provides administrative supports and needed. The ideal candidate will be comfortable fielding frequent calls some of which may be from callers in crisis needing referral resources.
- Answer telephones and direct the caller to the appropriate associate which may include crisis calls from callers trying to reach the Lifeline for themselves or loved ones.
- Greet and direct visitors to the office.
- Receive, sort and forward incoming mail to appropriate parties
- Maintain general contact email box forwarding or responding to queries including crisis contact.
- Assist in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office and kitchen supplies.
- Provide maintenance of Zoom Rooms in NYC office conference rooms.
- Act as liaison with vendors including: office cleaning service, HVAC service for server room, fire extinguisher maintenance, post machines, printer/copier vendors and conference room technology.
- Prepare and ship IT equipment to new staff.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- At least 1 years' experience in a similar position (receptionist, office manager, etc.) preferably with a strong customer focus
- Proficiency with Zoom and Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong interpersonal skills, and experience and/or training on communicating with individuals experiencing a mental health crisis
- Uphold and exhibit the agency's Core Values.
- Attend all mandatory meetings and trainings.
- Ability to work a full-time schedule and have regular attendance at the workplace between the hours of 9am-5pm EST.
Salary and Benefits:
22 PTO (vacation, sick, wellness and personal days) your first year of employment (5 additional days 2nd year)
Company Sponsored Medical Employee Reimbursement Plan (MERP)
10% employer retirement contribution after 2 years of employment
Flexible Summer Fridays
Submit cover letter, with a compelling reason why you should be considered for this position, and resume. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.